Pre-Order Advice - 2023 / 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul_PV

Reaction score
Greetings All -

I need some advice and guidance

I narrowed my search down to the 2023 / 2024 Range Rover Velar. I am interested in leasing the vehicle (3 years/15,000 miles) and I am willing to do a one-time payment.

So - I went down to my local dealer and given the supply constraints of late, the sales person was quite confident of himself. He explained:

(a) the lead time is 12 months
(b) you place your pre-order with a $5,000 deposit
(c) the price is MSRP
(d) they will not set the residual value of the vehicle until you take delivery <<<----- WHAT?!

The "good" news is that if you want to make a one-payment lease, you get a month payment off.

I didn't ask about a veteran discount for fear of being laughed off the lot. I served 12 years in the Army.

QUESTION: Does this sound right? Am I missing anything?

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A $5K deposit for a special order is outrageous. I just called Land Rover Las Vegas (https://www.lrlv.com/) and the $1,000 deposit (fully refundable) for a factory special order of any Land Rover or Range Rover hasn't changed from when I ordered my Solihull-built Discovery Td6 in 2017. LRLV is the best car dealership I've ever done business with.

Paul_PV

Reaction score
Thank you!! Vegas is only a few hours away. I suspect there is more to discover here. I think dealerships are going to pay a heavy price for the way they are taking advantage of people right now.