Probably dumb Q about the auxiliary battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2016 LR4, and the ECO mode is perpetually off. Presumably the little auxiliary battery is no good.

But I'd rather have a second, true auxiliary battery anyway. Maybe even a LiFe or LiPo unit, to run accessories. Which, coincidentally, is what that itty bitty battery is for.

Is it possible to use the existing circuitry (changing connectors, of course) to help a different battery with built-in BMS stay charged, and use it for a truly useful second battery?

Analogue

Reaction score
I’m in this same scenario - aux battery is dead, confirmed via gap tool.

What batteries can be put in this spot and where are people getting them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2016 LR4, and the ECO mode is perpetually off. Presumably the little auxiliary battery is no good.

But I'd rather have a second, true auxiliary battery anyway. Maybe even a LiFe or LiPo unit, to run accessories. Which, coincidentally, is what that itty bitty battery is for.

Is it possible to use the existing circuitry (changing connectors, of course) to help a different battery with built-in BMS stay charged, and use it for a truly useful second battery?

Enjoy: https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/2014-2016-traxide-dual-battery-kit-lessons-learned.42404/

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the referral. I'd seen that thread and read about the first 2-3 pages, but it seemed like he was trying to do something different.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the referral. I'd seen that thread and read about the first 2-3 pages, but it seemed like he was trying to do something different.

Haha it's my thread. You're right. I had two objectives: install an aux battery, and disable start stop without a code.

I failed at the second, but, once everything was hooked back up towards an OEM configuration, no codes and start stop works again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut