problem nailing down the price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
has anyone else had the situation where the dealer would not put the agreed upon price in writing upon ordering? the sales manager we dealt with wrote down a number that we agreed on on my build cut sheet, but each time i request a hardcopy of the order- i get a hardcopy with all the details except the price, and advice "not to worry about it". i ordered it mid july- all the paperwork says build date oct and deliver november (even thought the vehicle was promised to me in 8 weeks). that sales manager is no longer at the dealership- and i am getting the same response from his replacement. feels very sketchy, and would hate to be disappointed after all this time invested, but i do believe in principles and will react accordingly. this isn't my first "luxury" vehicle, but this is the first time that i've had this kind of attitude from a dealership.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely get the price in writing at the time of placing the order, also your trade-in value, if any. Otherwise, you are running the risk of setting yourself up for a possible colossal fiasco. "Don't worry about it" is a bad advice for you in this case

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with uhur. I ordered mine at the end of July and my final price was on the order. I wouldn't settle for anything less. You had to put down a deposit, I assume? I did. You want all of this in writing.

joyce

Reaction score
thanks for the responses. i did put down a deposit, credit card, which they have not charged yet. costelj- did your vehicle arrive yet? i am going to the dealership today to address this issue.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Mine is scheduled for delivery during the last week of October.

If you have multiple LR dealerships in your area, you have leverage against these guys (granted, I'm sure you don't want to wait any longer than you have to for another order). In my opinion, on a $60K purchase, the last thing you should have to feel is sketchy about the deal. Go talk to the manager if necessary.

Good luck! I'm sure you can get it straightened out today.

joyce

Reaction score
so here's how the visit went: we spoke with the manager and he and my husband shook hands after speaking. we were shown the build date and delivery date. i as a skeptical consumer still am not comfortable without a written agreed upon price, but my husband said after speaking with the manager, he was. so we'll see what happens...oct 31 is the current delivery date.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds off. I got a price in writing, including detailed discounts, dealer fees and registration fees, even before placing the order. This was with Darien Land Rover in CT (first LR dealer in the U.S.).

I was charged window etching and the windows were not etched so it will get done in the first service (I did not want to bring it in just for that).

joyce

Reaction score
update: my 2013 nara bronze lux is in! pick up tomorrow. happy to report that the dealership did finally confirm the numbers (based on invoice numbers).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: my 2013 nara bronze lux is in! pick up tomorrow. happy to report that the dealership did finally confirm the numbers (based on invoice numbers).
Congratulations! That happened to me with my 2013 back in June - we had a maximum price agreed upon and once they had the invoice, they could give me the final price - which was happily below the maximum.

joyce

Reaction score
update: loving my LR4! have read the owners manual cover to cover- and really enjoying getting to know the vehicle. so far only used the mud/ruts in hi range on uneven back roads. will post new topic with any questions i can't solve solo. thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut