Prospeed Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put this on earlier in the month and forgot to post. I debated heavily on several racks but since this is my daily driver I went with a low profile option from prospeed. I'm glad I did. There is very little noise (you really have to listen for it.), the floor plates are strong and easy to put on and the tire carrier is solid (I don't keep it on all the time) Very good quality all together and it's made from aluminum so it was light and easy to put on. There are several areas for eye bolts/tie downs and so far it appears all my other third party accessories fit nicely. Took a few months to get from Lucky8 but well worth it.
20171229_081426.jpg

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without the spare tire, how much higher is the roof rack than the satellite antenna?

mrezo

Reaction score
@iSurfvilan, nice rig!

I have a set of Thule Aerobars (looks like you used to have a set). Would you say that the Prospeed full roof rack is about as quiet or a little noisier than the Thule bars?

How are you liking the Duratracs, btw? Did you get them in 255/55r19?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rack.

What do you have stored up front. Are those offroad recovery treads of some sort?

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iSurfvilan, nice rig!

I have a set of Thule Aerobars (looks like you used to have a set). Would you say that the Prospeed full roof rack is about as quiet or a little noisier than the Thule bars?

How are you liking the Duratracs, btw? Did you get them in 255/55r19?

I think the rack is just as quiet. I love the duratracs, as long as you're not towing stuff, these are fantastic.

mrezo

Reaction score
@iSurfvilano ,thanks. One of the main reasons I'd want to go with the ProSpeed rack over Front Runner/Baja/Rhino is the lack of noise. I honestly don't know how much louder the other racks are but I would imagine that it's noticeable.

With the ProSpeed rack, does the sloping fairing protrude over the sunroof? As in, if you're inside the car looking up and out of the sun roof, does the fairing limit the view to the outside?

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iSurfvilano thanks! Looks great. I have the FrontRunner Slimline II, but am considering replacing it with the ProSpeed rack. I went with the FrontRunner due to its large assortment of accessories, but I've found them to be of pretty average quality. I've got the ski carrier, and the locks easily freeze shut if they're wet before heading below 32, and one of them regularly jams regardless. It's also pretty noisy; I'm fabricating a better wind deflector, but the ProSpeed comes with one out of the gate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA