Question for Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoulCatcher6

Reaction score
This may have been answered in earlier threads, I have a 2006 Land Rover LR3 with about 124k Miles on it, Sometimes upon start up, It will not go beyond 3000 rpm and after turning off and starting it again it resumes normal RPMs. I really do not know what causes this and sometimes I have to turn and start up again several times. Sorry if this has been answered before. I have cleaned throttle body and changed out MAF Sensor so any help is appreciated.

gypsy

Reaction score
You could try that BK44 fuel additive to see if it helps

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are these symptoms paired with a rocky idle? If it is then it may be your fuel injectors getting gummed up. It's a common issue for these ford based motors...I've used the OTC 7649A fuel injector cleaner right into the fuel rail and it's magic for the injectors...run through a 16 oz bottle every 40-50k or when the idle starts to shake a bit...easy fix. if it's the valves you could try the in tank stuff or better yet try to put some directly in the intake...I haven't had much luck doing that in my beamers (always ended up having to soak the individual intake valves with cleaner and then follow up with the walnut shells and sand blast the valves when they were closed - huge pain and a huge mess - probably would be easier just to pull the heads and go through it in a shop...but that's mainly for turbo type issues where the intake is getting fed a ton of oil mist - catch cans work well to help solve that problem too) In our NA vehicles build up will occur but can't imagine it being that big of a problem unless your feeding that intake a ton of fluid...you could try to change out your pcv vent valve and clean your throttle body - super easy and cheap probably needs to be done at 100k intervals.

the 3K RPM limit is a bit odd though...I would guess fuel restriction somewhere first guess...no check engine light? Is this on cold start only? (maybe O2 sensors acting up). The only other thing I can really think of is that the MAF is bad...I know you said you replaced it already but I do know first hand that our trucks are VERY picky about the MAF - I had one that was causing constant shut downs with no codes for months and that was with a replacement brand new maf...turned out to be the wrong brand and swapped MAFs for the OEM branded one and fix my issue...not the same issue as yours but still might be related

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV