Question for LR4 owners that switched to 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tire did you mount? For daily driving or just offroad use?

I'm considering the jump to 18 and would prefer to be able to get into 265/65/18 over 265/60/18s, but don't want to deal with rubbing.

TuffAnt, who I'm currently leaning towards for 18" wheels, suggests there might be some "slight rubbing" in "full lock" and "when new," which is a fair number of variables.

So I'm wondering what experiences have been re: rubbing with tires folks have mounted on 18s.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks.

Would love to find out that w/ the ET44 offset on the TuffAnts and 265/65/r18s, rubbing won't be an issue. Don't feel like doing any cutting.

I have read elsewhere that whether or not you have to cut with 265/65's depends on what tire you get. Seem like the more aggressive tires = cutting, whereas more all-terrainish tires with a rounder sidewall-to-tread profile = no cutting.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read elsewhere that whether or not you have to cut with 265/65's depends on what tire you get. Seem like the more aggressive tires = cutting, whereas more all-terrainish tires with a rounder sidewall-to-tread profile = no cutting.

I'd plan to go with something like the KO2s, Dueler Revo 3s ... or something A/T along those lines.

Every time I decide on a tire I then run into a ton of negative reviews. I almost think I need to stop reading reviews ... :)

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will depend quite a bit on the specific tire model and the wheels you are running. KO2s run small and you can probably fit 265/65 ok in stock form. ST Maxx run large so a 265/60 is as big as will fit in stock form. I have the ST Maxx in 265/60 and love them. No rubbing, but also almost no room to spare. Iirc my wheels are 44mm offset as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV