Questions About 20’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to black out the LR4 (grill, side grills, wheels) and need of new tires for street, rain, mud and snow. Currently have 19's and since tire options are limited and powercoating expensive, looking to switch to 20’s with 265’s.

Ideally I’d like to pick up a set of one of the newer OEM LR4 20’s in black with a set of 265 Terra Grappler G2’s. Been searching for a couple months and having no luck. So if anyone has an undamaged set, let me know.

I have seen a number of 20’s from 2014+ RRS for sale. Looking at the offsets, they seem to be ideal, +5 or 7 over LR4 20’s. The new RRS is considerably lighter than an LR4 though. So I’m wondering, has anyone has tried a set?

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to black out the LR4 (grill, side grills, wheels) and need of new tires for street, rain, mud and snow. Currently have 19's and since tire options are limited and powercoating expensive, looking to switch to 20’s with 265’s.

Ideally I’d like to pick up a set of one of the newer OEM LR4 20’s in black with a set of 265 Terra Grappler G2’s. Been searching for a couple months and having no luck. So if anyone has an undamaged set, let me know.

I have seen a number of 20’s from 2014+ RRS for sale. Looking at the offsets, they seem to be ideal, +5 or 7 over LR4 20’s. The new RRS is considerably lighter than an LR4 though. So I’m wondering, has anyone has tried a set?

Look forward on seeing your blacked out LR. Got pics now?

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward on seeing your blacked out LR. Got pics now?
Totally stock for now. Will be using all OEM parts. Wheels/tires are priority though since current tires are mostly worn and snow season should be starting in the next couple weeks.

Schlepper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year. I blacked out my 13. Badges, grill, vents, door handles, mirrors and wrapped wood trim piano black. Also added extended rails. I just have the wheels left.

If I can't find good 20s. I might just powder coat my 19s.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a set of the black 20" split 5 spoke (style 510) wheels. If anyone has a set they are interested in selling, please let me know. Would like to purchase in the next couple weeks.

donb

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on cross capability of 20" Land Rover OEM wheels that work on the LR4?

I found a set of L322 wheels on Craigslist and I'm thinking of using them with 255-55-20 tires for a 2012 LR4 we just got. The LR4 needs new tires but has the 19" wheels. I'll get the wheels powder'd before install (I'm thinking a dark grey to go with the Aintree Green paint).

craigslist_wheels.jpg

donb

Reaction score
if you use 255/55/20 instead of the 255/50/20 you will have a 3.4% difference in speedometer and odometer.
https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/255-55-20-vs-255-50-20.30658/

Ok - thanks

I'm sure tire wear, tire pressure, and manufacturer specifications will have an effect on the speedo/odo differences as well.

I would like to go to a 20" size wheel for more tire options but keep a bit of sidewall - plus I think the 31's will look better on the LR4. The V8 should have decent enough torque to turn the extra diameter tires. The 31's are the same width so rolling resistance shouldn't be far off from stock.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of 20” OEM style 510 wheels and just had a set of 265/50/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s installed. Everything looks great, but I do have some rubbing at full lock (forward and reverse) at normal height.

Has anyone had rubbing with 265 G2’s? Everything I have read said there would be no rubbing on with 265’s on OEM wheels with +53 offset. It seems fairly minor, but it’s unexpected.

DaJammer

Reaction score
Picked up a set of 20” OEM style 510 wheels and just had a set of 265/50/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s installed. Everything looks great, but I do have some rubbing at full lock (forward and reverse) at normal height.

Has anyone had rubbing with 265 G2’s? Everything I have read said there would be no rubbing on with 265’s on OEM wheels with +53 offset. It seems fairly minor, but it’s unexpected.

I had the same tires installed just 2 weeks ago. Mine are mounted on the style 511 wheels with no rubbing at full lock in either direction. I wonder if the wheel offset of the 511 and 510's are identical? If not, maybe that's the issue? My LR4 is a 2016.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV