Questions About the 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know the 2013 model did not come standard with the rear cargo cover (the one that locks and slides to cover 3/4 of the cargo area). Could someone with a 2013 model tell me if the 2013 is set up with the grooves to accomodate the cover? I am asking because I am likely going to keep my current cover if I can just use it in the 2013. Also, and I apologize if this was mentioned, does the iPod/iPhone charger from previous models still work in the 2013?

Thanks!

Regards, David

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
david - the cargo cover will work on the 13. I did the same thing...kept my cover from the 2010.

As for ipod charger, the 13 model no longer uses ipod cable, it's USB now.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 did come with a cargo cover (and they didn't even charge me extra for it, unlike my RSES...) so don't assume yours will arrive without it, especially if you ordered from the UK.

As mentioned above, any standard iPod-to-USB cable, such as the white one supplied by Apple, will work on 2012s and later, no more proprietary cables. You should sell yours on eBay for 60 bucks, you'd probably find plenty of buyers. Dealers still want $100+ for it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 did come with a cargo cover (and they didn't even charge me extra for it, unlike my RSES...) so don't assume yours will arrive without it, especially if you ordered from the UK.

As mentioned above, any standard iPod-to-USB cable, such as the white one supplied by Apple, will work on 2012s and later, no more proprietary cables. You should sell yours on eBay for 60 bucks, you'd probably find plenty of buyers. Dealers still want $100+ for it.
Thanks, umbertob!

Since I ordered from the UK (like you), maybe mine will come with the cargo cover as well. That would be cool. I will have to check upon delivery and keep my cargo cover if my new one has it already.

I am glad to hear that they went away from the Land Rover cable - that's great. I will sell mine on here or eBay for sure.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
david - the cargo cover will work on the 13. I did the same thing...kept my cover from the 2010.

As for ipod charger, the 13 model no longer uses ipod cable, it's USB now.
Thanks, LR4TQ!

Your LR4 was custom order from the UK - right?

-David

festus

Reaction score
I custom ordered mine and it didn't come with the cargo cover :hmpf: Maybe they only include it in every other one :smile:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I think it's not supposed to be included anymore (even my build specs clearly state "(063AP) No Loadspace Cover", around the bottom of page 1), but if it's optioned enough they may stick it in there anyway, especially on a Friday. They fitted a whole Rear Seat Entertainment and Range Rover badge in error on mine, so anything is possible. :biggrin:

Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, my was custom ordered but did not come with the cargo cover. Mine was pretty well optioned but still no cover...glad I "forgot" to return my old cover to the dealer...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umbertob really lucked out with the options, though I remember the hassle about the RSE! :) I also remember you have the Range Rover badge near the glove box - so funny.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, my was custom ordered but did not come with the cargo cover. Mine was pretty well optioned but still no cover...glad I "forgot" to return my old cover to the dealer...
If mine is not included, I also intend to "forget". HAHA!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72