Range Rover Cracked Windshield

Zanyd

Reaction score
I have had this 2016 Range Rover supercharged since 2020, my husband drove it off the lot in 2017 and he barely drove it for the first few years. After I took it over in the last year I have had to replace the winshield at least 3 times. Each time its some kind of crack that happens. I do a lot of freeway driving (about 60 to 80 miles a day) and yes I have little chips here and there but I have done the same driving in a Lexus GS350 before for over a year and had to replace the windshield on that car only once and it wasn't even from that part of the drive. I had that car for 5 years. This will be the 3rd windshield I have had to get and I literally had one replace at the end of May also. I have never had a car have this many problems with a windshield and I'm actually contemplating going to something else? It just seems so unnatural like its a structural problem with that windshield itself? Has anyone else had this same issue??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been several people complaining about rover windsheild, but it could also be that it is more vertical than some vehicles. I have a 2008 RRS with 115k miles and it is on its first windshield. That isn't to say that it is not a Rover issue. Just mentioning it.

DGKari

Reaction score
I've had same probs w 2016 Evoque, 34K miles. Definitely a structural defect, according to those in the know...

The carcomplaints site lists MULTIPLE complaints to NHTSA and technical service bulletins.

JLR corp fails to acknowledge the pervasive problem...usually will only offer one replacement for the initial TSB, despite owners' continuous windshield failures :rolleyes:

The Rover

Reaction score
I have had this 2016 Range Rover supercharged since 2020, my husband drove it off the lot in 2017 and he barely drove it for the first few years. After I took it over in the last year I have had to replace the winshield at least 3 times. Each time its some kind of crack that happens. I do a lot of freeway driving (about 60 to 80 miles a day) and yes I have little chips here and there but I have done the same driving in a Lexus GS350 before for over a year and had to replace the windshield on that car only once and it wasn't even from that part of the drive. I had that car for 5 years. This will be the 3rd windshield I have had to get and I literally had one replace at the end of May also. I have never had a car have this many problems with a windshield and I'm actually contemplating going to something else? It just seems so unnatural like its a structural problem with that windshield itself? Has anyone else had this same issue??
I had one a few months ago on our 2013 LR4 after 160k miles. Not happy.

Then, out of the blue today, our 2019 Range Rover developed the almost identical crack. Neither were caused by any impact. Is there a TSB? A manufacturer awareness by Pilkington or LR?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schildy