Range rover sport control arms on LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Did some research on forums and saw a post regarding the 08 range rover sport LCA fitting and working better on the LR4 than the LR4 oem LCA. Can anyone else on this forum verified if they’ve ever gone this route? Do they actually fit and are there any benefits over the OEM lr4 arms?

Thanks all.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read this before. Somewhere in this video the LR Time guy says he uses different bushings that are purportedly from armored LR3s and 4s.

I think I had read that those are the same bushings that come stock in the RRS.

I know the RRS of that vintage is essentially the same chassis as the LR3. So it's weird that they have a different lower control arm, but I do believe there's a different part number.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read this before. Somewhere in this video the LR Time guy says he uses different bushings that are purportedly from armored LR3s and 4s.

I think I had read that those are the same bushings that come stock in the RRS.

I know the RRS of that vintage is essentially the same chassis as the LR3. So it's weird that they have a different lower control arm, but I do believe there's a different part number.
Thanks man appreciate this. Ill give the video a watch.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that was not for LR3? One of the things changed for the LR4 was some dimensions (roll angles, knuckle, etc for the LR4 to give better handling)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that was not for LR3? One of the things changed for the LR4 was some dimensions (roll angles, knuckle, etc for the LR4 to give better handling)

I have never heard this before. A lot of the Rover supply places sell the same part for LR4s and LR3s.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meyle HD arms are my choice. Still rubber bushes, but just not the weaker hydro bushes. They feel just like OE hydro bushes but are not going to fail. It bears repeating that you should avoid all poly bush options, they tend to cause cracked arms.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA