1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

range rover tdv8 zf gearbox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mark Lyons, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Mark Lyons

Mark Lyons Member

last weeks i did an oil change on my zf gearbox plastic pan i had it on the kerb so only got 4.7 litres in i assume the angle an issue. What i have noticed drives fine but when during warming the gearbox while stationary in manual i can only shift 1-3 but it is a 6 speed box do i need to be moving faster to get the other 3 gears thanks

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

First thing I would do is ensure you are full of transmission fluid. If it is low it can cause various issues.

3. Mark Lyons

Mark Lyons Member

many thanks i am not sure if it is an issue or not car runs great just when stationary i can only flick manually through gears 1-3 in drive mode all is week i was not sure if this is correct or not i did full the box as of procedures at correct temp only worry was i was parked on a kerb to get underneath to change filler and refill so a slight angke

4. Mark Lyons

Mark Lyons Member

solved thanks
    Yes that's normal, you should only be able to get 1-2 or 3 while stationary.

Regards Dan
    JGS4x4 Ltd