Reactivating TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get TPMS back for winter.

I previously deactivated TPMS during summer since I had tuffants and the HUF sensors that were cloned off the factory sensors would trigger the light half the time. I set Tire Pressure Monitoring 1 to “none” and Tire Pressure Monitoring 2 to “none” in the CCF. Fine, no more light.

With snow coming a few days ago I reinstalled the factory wheels (with snow tires and factory TPMS), set Tire Presssur Monitoring 1 to WBL and Tire Pressure Monitoring 2 to Fitted.

Went for a quick drive (I assume once the CCF is flashed the start/stop cycle will make the car wake up the sensors), but tire pressures show up as zero.

Any thoughts? I’m about 90% sure TPM1 was WBL, would someone mind checking? I have a 2016 so I would guess data from a 2014+ will be most useful.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not of much help since I have a 2013, but have you ever backed up your CCF file? Could pull the old settings off of there I'm sure.

I also thought I had a TMPS issue before as I had aired back up after a trail, and it was still showing that my tires were all low. I had to inflate them an extra 3 PSI or so for the warnings to go away. Maybe just double check the pressure in your tires (36 front 42 rear)

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I did e-mail the original CCF to myself before I started messing with anything. My original was indeed WBL. In the original, I also had TPMS fitted to spare set to yes, which I failed to turn back on. I'll give that a try in the morning and see if it fixes it. Pressures should be fine, I set to 40F/46R when it was about 30 degrees out, to give some headroom for the -10 days.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned TPMS for spare back on, drove out to go hiking, and everything magically works now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV