Rear air conditioning lines leaking - quick fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerLR3

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with blocking rear air conditioning lines in order to have working/cool front air conditioning? Looking for instruction and/or video on how to do this. Thanks.

USMCLR3

Reaction score
Yes. We cut the lines under the driver's seat and soldered the ends of the pipes coming from the engine bay. Recharged and it's good. All the front vents and the two blowing back from the center console are ice cold. Back system still blows room temp air. Heater is unaffected throughout. I wish I'd done it earlier since I wasted several cans of refrigerant with the leak. Good luck.

USMCLR3

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. I'll snap some pics and post tomorrow. You will be underwhelmed. We cut the pipes and closed them off. Not connected to one another. Super simple but it's worked for me.

USMCLR3

Reaction score
Not the prettiest job but it works. 20180607_063634.jpg

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I appreciate the ingenuity of the poster that cut the lines/recharged--the time/money invested in that fix could've been spent on having i fixed correctly.

I guess if you don't care about resell value, having the rear vents blow cold, and having your system hacked on--go for it.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way--I'm not judging the poster that cut/welded--just helping the OP think through an "easy" fix vs. doing it "right"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi