Rear Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys typically run the rear climate control in the summer when its only you/one other person in the vehicle?

I didn't seem to need it at all in the winter, but was curious if it's going to help cool my car down a lot in the summer. (AZ)

I checked the fuel burn at idle with the rear climate control on and off, and couldn't tell of any difference.. So, no harm in running it constantly??

ZR1Gerhardt

Reaction score
Use it in the summer in Texas, otherwise I will melt. Literally!

Scott

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, then cool air comes out the ceiling vents and the way back vents for the dog.

Sbmargo

Reaction score
I use it only when people or the dogs are in the way back. Otherwise, it’s way too noisy, so I leave it off. I don’t see a difference in the front seats with or without it.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I use it on Auto to assist the main unit with keeping things cool throughout the vehicle.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. It's always on Auto.
Big interior space, I figure any way to share the load is good, and then I'm also regularly exercising both systems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV