Rear coolant line leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan10061

Reaction score
Took my 2016 LR4 with 85k miles in for 96k mile service as I had not done last service. Also got fuel tank recall done. 1 week later I notice a leak on passenger side (fluid on ground). Take to dealer and they kept whole weekend said no leak. I get back home (only 15 min drive) and an hour later I see same spot on ground. Take back to dealer have them put on lift so I can do their job and point out leak. They said unrelated to what work they performed. Even though they worked right next to where leak was. Dealer quoted $2300 to fix and replace rear coolant lines. Spoke with GM waiting to hear back on what they can do to resolve this. Have not had any major issues with truck since new. Other than replacing crossover pipes.

So, after all my grumbling, is this a common problem?

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apart from the possible issue you have with the dealership, which sounds like it might be valid…

I replaced much of those hard lines on mine with rubber heater hose, re-routed to prevent rubbing in the wheel well from oversize tires. if you can isolate the section of line that is leaking, a length of heater hose and a couple of clamps might fix your issue.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Wow... That's a hard pass on letting them do it for that price. Take off the spare tire underneath and see where the leak is coming from. If you need the rear cooling line, I have one that you can have. I was about to junk mine.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not a common issue.
The coolant pipes are not disturbed when the recall is done.
I have seen one where road debris was kicked up and ruptured the coolant pipe.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it leaking from the passenger wheel well lines?

Good call on the rubber hose, if so. Mine have been relocated and running through rubber for years without issue.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Was it leaking from the passenger wheel well lines?

Good call on the rubber hose, if so. Mine have been relocated and running through rubber for years without issue.
I need to reroute those lines on the front passenger wheel well. Any tips or pictures?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut