Rear middle seat folding issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heir4now

Reaction score
Hi all, first post, so thanks in advance for any help on this.

The rear middle seat in my 2008 HSE will not fold down, the back rest will not fold down onto the seat. I've figured out what the issue is and was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and found a fix. Basically the tension in the cable needs to be adjusted, it's too slack. Is there anyway to do this? I've pulled apart the side of the seat so I can see the mechanism working when I pull on the handle, so I have verified it's not going far enough to release the seat. If I remove the handle on top of the seat and then the plastic cover, is there anyway to increase the tension at that location?

Cheers!

RyanRR

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, but I also have the same issue of the 2nd row middle seat of my LR4 being unable to fold forward.

Maybe this bump will spur some action :)

RyanRR

Reaction score
Well, my wife figured it out for me... "Why don't you just push it down?"

Sure enough, gave it a nice firm shove while holding the pull lever to put it down, and down it went :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV