Rear Seat Entertainment screen wont turn on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 HSE Lux with RSE. My driver side screen wont power up, when the welcome screen or when I tell it to turn on for a DVD.

Any idea what could be wrong? The driver seat moves, so its not the driver seat main fuse. Don't know which fuse it is using.

Anyone debug this before?

Im hoping I didnt kink or damage a wire during my dual battery install.. that could complicate my warranty on this.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I didnt go anywhere near the wires under the front of my seat during the dual battery install, wasn't near them for the cb remote unit which is under that spot... its near the back... however I pulled the front kick cover off (first ever pulling that off myself).

I find some cut wires. What the flying expletive....

IMG_20150929_200548_zpstzlnqd51.jpg

I guess ill fix them, but why the hell do they just have tiny ass telephone gauge wire under the seat right along the rails? Crap electrical tape looking stuff on some bundles but not done very well... jeeeeeeez!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixed it... just soldered the wires, a little shrink wrap tubing....

IMG_20150930_093245_zps9veodpt3.jpg

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone planted a bomb and GPS tracking device under your seat. Possibly also a mainframe computer, a google cloud storage center, a flux capacitor, and a squirrel's winter retreat.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine had the same problem after a service about two weeks ago. now I am afraid to go under there an d look....yeesh

Ladric

Reaction score
Well, I didnt go anywhere near the wires under the front of my seat during the dual battery install, wasn't near them for the cb remote unit which is under that spot... its near the back... however I pulled the front kick cover off (first ever pulling that off myself).

I find some cut wires. What the flying expletive....

IMG_20150929_200548_zpstzlnqd51.jpg

I guess ill fix them, but why the hell do they just have tiny ass telephone gauge wire under the seat right along the rails? Crap electrical tape looking stuff on some bundles but not done very well... jeeeeeeez!

How did you get that kickplate off?
Looks like maybe four tabs that just need to be pulled. I gave it a good tug and nothing...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi