Rear Sounder - Parking Aid Sensor Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z1234567890

Reaction score
So, I have 2005 LR3 2005 v8 HSE (only rear parking sensor), it's not working.
I check with my tool seems rear sounder only?

I managed to remove the speaker (parking aid sounder) and seems it's the problem, any other ever face similar issue? Just to ensure it's the problem before buying new speaker

pics attached

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 121
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 104
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 110

Silmarillion

Reaction score
My parking aid on a 2006 looks /nothing/ like that, But I just bought a new sensor and replaced it and now it works completely fine. I would call a rover parts guy and ask him or call Land Rover dealer and see what they say.

http://www.coventrywest.com/store/

Silmarillion

Reaction score
Oh sorry, the actual audio speaker! Can't believe that went out! I was talking about the sensor, but I would guess the same reasoning applies - the parts guys know a lot!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in the truck is that speaker? What side of the ocean are you on? Lots of places to buy parts on both sides.

I just placed the wire harness for the sensors last weekend. One of my plugs got damaged when the bumper skin was ripped off. I think I shed 30lbs of mud cleaning out the bumper.

20151008_185252.jpg

Last edited:

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That speaker should be located on the driver's side (for LHD vehicles... assume it's still the left side for others) in the cargo space behind the plastic trim panel. Kind of near the audio out jack and controls for the passengers.

z1234567890

Reaction score
That speaker should be located on the driver's side (for LHD vehicles... assume it's still the left side for others) in the cargo space behind the plastic trim panel. Kind of near the audio out jack and controls for the passengers.

Yes, you are right.

Attachments

• LR3 parking.png
    LR3 parking.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 181

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time under those rear panels installing switches, fuse boxes, relays, outlets, cell phone boosters, upgrading bluetooth, etc. etc. :tongue:

z1234567890

Reaction score
Just to close this topic (sorry for late post), I replaced the rear sounder (a.k.a parking speaker) and now parking sensor function is fine.

Regards

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut