Rear turn signal bulb repeatedly faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

to8nbeyond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06 LR3 and I've replaced the rear turn signal several times in the last several months. Last time I remember wiggling it a bit and it wasn't actually burned out but I replaced it anyway and it works fine for a month or so.

Is there something I can clean or test that would show a different problem.

When I say it faults, it doesn't turn on and the click inside gives a fast click when the lever is pushed.

Wife just called and said it's out again and I'm stumped.

thanks.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you're using the correct bulb and that it's installed correctly. Wrong bulb or wrong installation can/will cause repeated problems.
You can clean the contacts off, in the bulb socket, with some vinegar on a cotton swab. Then use some dielectric grease.
I went through the same BS and, after about 5 bulbs purchased on the road, I finally bought one at a dealer. It has worked like a charm ever since.

Last edited:

to8nbeyond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same bulb went out after posting this so instead of replacing it, I opened it up again and cleaned it out a bit. It seemed a bit damp
but after a quick minor cleaning the same bulb has lasted for a couple of months now. I guess I'm a little surprised because it didn't seem
that dirty but I'll take it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV