Rear Wiper has me baffled...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimyhatt

Reaction score
I have dug thorough the forums and read every post I can find about the rear wipers and still have not solved my issue...

Our LR3 is my wife's daily driver. I got in it a few weeks ago and noticed the rear wiper wasn't working. She said its been like that for a little while.... No errors, codes or anything visibly wrong. Rear spray still works fine. Front wipers work fine and in all functions. I drove around for a bit with the rear wiper lever in the "on" positions and just once it completed a slow, staggering wipe. It started and landed back in the right spot, so I think failing relay or motor. Relays all test OK, and even swapped some around (that also tested OK) and still no progress. I watch Ebay for a bit and score a factory new rear wiper motor in the box for a good price. Swap it out a few days later and no improvement. I have checked all the fuses, fuseable links and relays and all test good. I have a good ground and 12V+ at the motor but can't get a reading from the last wire, which i think is the sensor for where they wiper is on its sweep. I am at a loss and think that it might be another sensor somewhere that is malfuctioning (rear hatch?) although I dont get any messages that lead me further. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached is the section on wipers. OMG another extremely complicated system that includes data inputs from the rain sensor/light sensor in the windshield and the CJB for speed/braking data to slow or speed up the wipers and transmission selector input to lock out the rear wiper in reverse under certain conditions. Plus a lock out if the tailgate is open. If you don't have this section of the manual at the end is a troubleshooting section that may help. Don't start reading without alcohol.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    638.4 KB · Views: 67

Jimyhatt

Reaction score
Thanks remember5 and River range. I wish it was as easy as the wiper nut.. the wiring diagram shows a relay in the cjb that I have not yet found. I was just going off the ones under the hood. I’ll check that and report back although it will be a few weeks as I am away from home. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV