Red warning light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan Ramsey

Reaction score
I’m looking at getting an LR4, and I’ve noticed a lot of the pictures show the red warning light on. I’ve also noticed that a lot of them show pictures with the light on in some pictures and with it off in others. I know I’d need a code reader to know exactly what it is, but is there a common problem that causes the light to come on at certain times and go off at others? What’s the biggest culprit behind that light? Maybe it’s on after they start the vehicle?

Nathan Ramsey

Reaction score
That’s a relief. I’m surprised LR used the red one for that. On my discovery sport, the red warning light is for more serious problems like low coolant. Thanks for the reply, Ryanjl.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It functions to alert the driver. Basically "look at the screen to see what is wrong". It's when the dash looks like a xmas tree you have a problem lol.

Nathan Ramsey

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the red light would have been for major issues, and the yellow light for minor ones such as a door being open or low washer fluid or something like that.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Land Rover sees it as Yellow Light = Get to the dealer, Red Light = don't drive.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red triangle comes on with key on and door open, whether engine is started or not. My 15 also displays a red battery and amber check engine while key on/engine off. All lights extinguish once door is closed and engine is turned on.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut