Reflashing IPC ECU with GAP IIDTool ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My GAP IID shows new software available for the instrument cluster (IPC), for Strategy and Calibration. Screenshot attached.

However, when I run the "Reflash ECU" function, these items never update. I tried twice with the same results. Am I missing something? Do I have to download the updates from somewhere? The IIDTool owner's manual also mentions an IPC upgrade to change the 2010-2011 cluster to the "2012" look, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Anyone BT, DT or can point me to a thread that I missed?

:dontknow:

iid_screenshot.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about what you find out with this. I have explored these menus but haven't had the balls to try upgrading anything. I didn't want to poke the bear.

Please let us know what you learn.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brief update... it appears my cluster was upgraded to the 2012 look at some point in the past. In the attached image, my 2010 cluster looks like the right side.

Still not sure why after the ECU reflash, my IPC Current Info does not show the latest versions (which appear in the "Assembly to reflash" section directly below it).

3056-ed7c835a9aa2b1bfd53742770987c3c8.jpg

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
@gsxr Did you find an answer, because I'm looking for it too? I finally got my IID Tool BT, and just like you, wondering how do I update any or ALL of the "Update Available" ECUs?

TheVid1

Reaction score
Hey guys...not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for or not...but here is how to get the Black dash setting and also to add the US MPH to your dash using the iidtool.

The Grey is removed by updating the instrument cluster go to ECU, Menu--ECU Flash--Instrument Pack...

Dash display: Menu--Car Config--Instrument Pack--Digital Speed and Digital Speed Units

Hope this helps.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Hey guys...not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for or not...but here is how to get the Black dash setting and also to add the US MPH to your dash using the iidtool.

The Grey is removed by updating the instrument cluster go to ECU, Menu--ECU Flash--Instrument Pack...

Dash display: Menu--Car Config--Instrument Pack--Digital Speed and Digital Speed Units

Hope this helps.

I'm having issues enabling the digital MPH, do you remember what your exact settings are to get this to display? Thanks

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues enabling the digital MPH, do you remember what your exact settings are to get this to display? Thanks

I'll have to go back in and check. I remember it being extremely easy/intuitive to do and was one of the first changes I made before I even RTFM. Not giving you grief, just saying that it's probably easier than you think.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
I'll have to go back in and check. I remember it being extremely easy/intuitive to do and was one of the first changes I made before I even RTFM. Not giving you grief, just saying that it's probably easier than you think.

None taken :) It def was easy, the option to "Always display" wasn't conspicuous at first in the "Digital Speed" menu. Just needed to scroll-up. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72