Remote Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdwsmith

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if a remote starter can be installed on my 2006 LR3 SE? the dealership - service said they would not recommend it. warranty issues???

I had the same comment made by SAAB for my wifes car at the dealership.

Any thoughts or successes with this are appreciated.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, so I do not know that much about LR3's, but I can definitely speak on remote starts. I had a couple on my Honda Accords and I would not suggest them, typically over time they begin to flake out and miss with your electrical system. If it didn't come with it, I would not do it.... just my opinion!

drdwsmith

Reaction score
my thoughts too....but i live in the NE....and they are mighty handy.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had one in my xterra for 4 years and it never caused any issues.

There are a few accounts on the web of LR3's with remote start, so it is possible (some say even straight forward):
http://landroverforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4547

I think you would need a transponder by-pass kit or a spare key to sacrifice.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to do it, but yeah because the ignition required a radio transponder in your car to prevent hot-wiring, you would have to have an extra key in your car next to the ignition at all times. Which means if you only have 2 keys, one has to be in the car at all times. Then if you loose your 1st key you're SOL. Pretty sure a replacement LR3 key is almost $300.

So to do it right would cost you at least $400. Not really worth it in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72