Removed running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacktie

Reaction score
so I took them off today- I was surprised to find that the black plastic trim has big cutaways exposing the white paint... anyone know where I can find replacements from non runningboard models?

Also, what are the 3 aluminum blocks under there???

62BB3331-545E-49CC-819B-7E93EA46DB22.jpeg

11999BC2-B80D-4EFF-8BCC-0E6BFAF60845.jpeg

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aluminum blocks are spacers for mounting. They are bolted on. You can remove them. You may have to clean out the bolt heads in order to get the wrench to fit.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aluminum blocks are crush sleeves for side impact. They are part of the running-board system that became standard on all US-spec LR4s in around 2014. If you've removed your running boards, you don't need them anymore.

blacktie

Reaction score
any thoughts on where to find the plastic trim to cover the rocker area?

blacktie

Reaction score
yeah- That is on my long term list....
for now I would like to just cover it up

zgpablo

Reaction score

blacktie

Reaction score
I also have running boards available if anyone wants to buy mine? maybe trade for the plastic rover cover if yours came without the boards. I live in Mooresville, NC

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came from the Boston area and I hear there is a lot of salt on the roads in winter that may have started some serious corrosion.
Yeah - I live in Chicagoland and we dump salt all winter long. My boards are showing the effects and have rust/corrosion from winter use. I'll be replacing them at some point with step/slider combos that aren't as sensitive to salt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut