Removing front carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Worxman

Reaction score
Howdy folks. I just bought a 2006 LR3 HSE for the wife, 78k miles and in real good shape. It was car-hauled over to us in Georgia, from Texas, in the rain. Floor boards, both sides, are soaked from a buckled cowl and possibly A pillar leak. Dealer fixed the sunroof drains, I tested them. The dealer I bought it from is being reasonable and paying for the parts and and my time. So, I've ordered a cowl and the A pillar clip kit from Atlantic Rover and will be putting it in this weekend. I took the front and 2nd row seats out. Pulled out the 2nd row carpets to get all the water out and clean it. It's amazing how much water the padding holds!

Anyways, been trying to figure out how to take out the front section of carpet. It is trapped under the center console. I looked for a video of how to remove the center console, but didn't having luck. Maybe it's not called the center console? Right now I have it propped up on each side and have been squeezing water every hour and blowing fans on it. It will probably work, but would feel better its I could remove it and do it properly.

Have found everything else I needed on this site, it's a great forum. Reminds me of fullsizebronco.com (my baby is a 95 bronco 5 speed manual that I completely restored and am putting a new engine in right now)...tons of real good info and help!

Looking forward to learning about the wife's truck from y'all.

Worxman

Reaction score
I ended up not removing the center console...I just pulled the carpet up as far as possible, squeezed as much water out by hand as possible, then propped it up and had fans blowing on it for a couple of day...it worked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA