Replacement Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paladin

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Range Rover HSE and live in Buffalo, New York. This means snow. My Michelin Latitude tires are near the end of their life, and anyway, they were not very good in snow. Looking to replace them with an all season tire that is decent in snow, long wearing, and good on long trips. I've narrowed it down to three: Nokian WGR 3, Pirelli Scorpion Verde, and Bridgestone Dueler. Comments?

grrinsman

Reaction score
Paladin, I’ve have the Scorpion Verde All season plus. Very happy with them. I live in the Chicagoland area.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you are asking for is really a battle of compromises and there are lot of tires out there that try to play with the ratio of compromise for each aspect of a tire. If there were a perfect tire we would all have it!

That said, my wife's 08 RR came with brand new Dueller Alenza Plus tires and we took them off after a month. They were quiet (most new tires are), smooth, and totally fine for the average driver. She drives like everyday is race and she has to win - the Bridgestones simply were not confident inspiring for her in any kind of weather under more excelerated performace requirements. That said, other seem to really like them, someone just posted theirs lasted 78,000 miles and bought them again. We did not have them for any snow, but based on how long they last, my guess is they would be no better than the Lattitudes.

I have not used them, but based on all I have read, the Nokian tires are probably a better matched tire for your Buffalo conditions.

One other possibility is the Continental TerrainContact AT. Despite its name, it is more of an all-season tire with all-terrain looks, which is what a majority of people actually need or want. When it first came out I recall reading about how the designers were focused with on-road performance more than off-road, but they wanted to have a beefier look than many traditional all-season tires. Reviews have been good so far.

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/terraincontact-25555r19-111v/?

Good luck, I have never bought the same tires twice myself, so I guess I keep chasing the impossible too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV