Replacing heads on 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allan Zaloumis

Reaction score
I wanted to know what special tools are needed to replace the heads on my Range Rover Sport Supercharged. I’ve received quotes from the Range Rover Dealership being $3k a head. I was told because the vehicle lost compression on the right bank I should replace the head what would you all advise?

brad carlton

Reaction score
Did you have the tensioner ticking of death? 2010 is a common problem. There is a class action lawsuit you should research. Land Rover knows this is a problem until 2012. I was going to buy a 2012 but they couldn't verify the tensioner and guilds were replaced. Thats a 2k job, make sure you replace the oil pump.
You probably bent some intakes. Yes you will need to lock the cam pulleys for setting. Pressurize the cyl and see where the air leak is coming from or see if you can access a smoke generator. It will either come out the intake, another cylinder or the exhaust. Either way, heads have to come off. There is some youtube stuff out there.

Allan Zaloumis

Reaction score
Yes I did have the tick of death and I think the chain skipped because I just happened from no where I put gas in my car it was driving fine then all of a sudden it started ticking and the engine performance restricted sign came up and I heard the ticking and I replaced the guides and tensioners. The problem persisted then I was told to replace the head because valves were bent on one side so I don’t know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut