Restricted Performance warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnHunt

Reaction score
upload_2018-9-21_8-11-19.png
Can anyone advise, what does this indicate?

upload_2018-9-21_8-11-19.jpeg

LUIZ C LABA

Reaction score
View attachment 8500Can anyone advise, what does this indicate?

View attachment 8499
Hello there,
I had same issue with my Evoque a few years ago, and the problem persisted for a year, as the dealer was not aware of the issue, they took a long time to find and solve the problem.

The problem was the sensor for the intercooler of the turbo location, which was detecting humidity and "restricted performance" message would appear.

Background:
My 2012 evoque had this issue for about 12 months, under specific weather encounters.
If it rained a lot, on a highway speed, or if I encoutered heavy fog also in highway speed, I would get that message, and a few times, the car just shut dow 2 cylinders and stopped.
In that case, I learned that if turned off the engine, and restarted, you were good to go again.

The dealer never found any fault by plugging the computer into the car...several times they told me I had BAD GAS...which was never the case...

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Luiz

GTurner1

Reaction score
I had this issue and found a service action item Q237 on the LR site. It pointed to a update needed for eng. mang software for 2012-13 RR Evoque. Supposedly, the only dealer here in DM Iowa flashed the Eng control mod. but the light soon came back on about 2 wks later. I used to think this was really due to the auto car washes I got.
Well, now I have my RR at the dealer and they are telling me my eng. is shot
(cyl. 3 head damaged and block cracked),and I need a new onw for 13K..(if they really IS such a thing as a 'new' eng).

What a scam. I am now out of 34K I spent for this car 2.5 + yrs back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut