Rod-Mod Wear and Tear Update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering as of today, April 26, 2010, if all you guys running the rod-mod could report on any issues, be they suspension faults, premature CV failure, bad tire wear etc...

And also:

How long you've been running the mod, and whether or not you've encountered any warranty problems at the dealer.

And, as always, pics of your rigs with the mod are very much appreciated :biggrin:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the rods full-time for nearly 2-1/2" years covering approx 35k miles. Yes, all the usual faults have popped up one time or another. Bad sensors, faulty harness, corroded wires, poor Dealer repairs - NONE related to a rod mod of any kind. When I had warranty work performed, I just slipped on the OEM rods and took her in. At 5mins for the swap, no big deal. Zero CV issues - think about it...how many cases of CV failure have you heard of worldwide due to increased angle? I know of ONE. Full steering lock against an obstacle with heavy throttle. It may have broke in stock form?? Yes, I also agree with the THEORY that increased CV angles can be bad. The LR3 has great angles built in and is amazingly shallow out of the box. Lower A-arm bushings replaced - not related. That's it. Pics of this last weekend -
JacksonDayTrip072.jpg

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the rods have not contributed to anything directly... Anyone else?

The goal is to get a "relatively" big sample size to see the full spectrum of how its affecting everyone's rigs over the years

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had any issues as well. I have been running mine for almost 3yrs.
Dave how dose your rig run with the 275 tires on stock rods?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost 2 years now. Averaging 1 trail run per month. So it's not like I haven't put
them to the test.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought you might put the stock rods on to go visit the dealer?
what mpg are you ave. with the 275s

My bad. Forgot about Dealer runs. I finally hit 50k so the warranty is out. Full lock in reverse is rub-o-rama. I average 14.8mpg @ 38psi. Long highway runs @ 60psi get me up to 17.6pmg +/-. That's a fully loaded rig with winch and ARB hanging out front. My kingdom for a Diesel!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV