RR L405 MY2019: Unable to turn on Auto Start/Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omkt30

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have the L405 Range Rover V8 SC MY2019 and I am unable to turn back on the automatic Start/Stop system.
The system is by default turned off and the white Start/Stop Off icon is always displayed in the top right corner of the dashboard.

The Range Rover user guide talks about an activation icon in the vehicle configuration menu on the lower touch screen but there is no such icon there.

Does anyone know how to turn back on the feature from the configuration menus?

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
first welcome to the forum...

Second, you have to be the first person ever that wants to turn this on and not off. If you really want it on, I would go see the dealership and have them fix it since it is a 2019. Personally I would extremely happy that it doesn't work and enjoy the fact that in the summer your A/C will not shut off and you start getting hot or the fact that if you need to move fast for an emergency the vehicle is always running. You literally gain nothing from having it work. Unless you think saving $100 in fuel over a 10 year period is worth having it work. Ok I may be off, I doubt you will save $100 in 10 years, you will have to replace the battery every 5 years at the cost of $100 or more, so you actually lose money.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn it off, BTW?

Robuk

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery sensor on the negative lead of starter battery, example below, it works on my Merc Coupe and my Cayman 981. Try it, if not impressed reconnect sensor. Cheve Cruze battery current sensor.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV