RRS Front Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the questions has been asked.
I'm due for another pad swap and was wondering what it would take to to the RRS Brembo setup?
I am assuming that the caliper/pad carrier would have to changed, but anything else?
Not sure it would offer significant braking ability, but would look cool.

Opinions, has it been done?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing absolutely nothing about this, I will tell you that this will likely be $$$. Assuming it is a straight bolt-on (lots to consider here), the parts cost (calipers, pads, discs) will be $3K+, and maybe more.

Interesting thought since the RRS is based off the LR3, so there is a decent chance that it is a straight-forward job.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way that much $$$ if you patient the calipers pop up on ebay and Craigslist and can be had for 300-500 a pair. New pads and rotors are not that much more than stock LR4 brakes. I was more worrying about the logistics. Worst case I have to have a bracket made, but wanted to see if someone else had heard of a similar project.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From another RRS forum found that there were two different Brembo kits for the first gen RRS. They change around 2010 which is close to the change from LR3 to LR4, so maybe the second kit follows with some changes made to the LR4 that followed over to the RRS. I'd look for a local owner with the Brembos and take some photos and measurements.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick