RS Sliders - installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man...what a PITA. These fuggers weigh about 100# each. Putting these on by myself proved to be challenging. Not to mention, the bolt order per the instructions is off. My advice - start the body bolts 1st, then install the M8 bolts. Much, much easier.

Here are some photos.

P1000919.jpg

Me likey the look. It really finishes the truck out with my modded G4 rack. :bandit:

P1000918.jpg

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is looking super sweet Mr. Bigs. Bravo. I'm hoping to get mine on this year. Thanks for the tip regarding the bolts.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck is looking super sweet Mr. Bigs. Bravo. I'm hoping to get mine on this year. Thanks for the tip regarding the bolts.

Thanks bud. An addition to the body bolts: Don't torque them. Just get them started so you have some wiggle room with the remaining bolts.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, it looks really good with the other armor you have on the truck. Nice job!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a floor jack? I put a length of 2x4 (about 36") across the cup of the floor jack, then balance the slider on that, and crank it up to height. Make sure you tape on the body mounts to the slider first though, so everything lines up. With the slider held up by the jack, you just wiggle it into position to get the bolts to line up. Not too hard...as long as it all lines up :)

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did pretty much what nathan did. my driver's side slider went on perfectly. the passenger's side was a different story. something was just a bit off. there's a subtle squeak coming from my passenger side that i think is localizing to the slider. just haven't had time to mess with it.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a floor jack? I put a length of 2x4 (about 36") across the cup of the floor jack, then balance the slider on that, and crank it up to height. Make sure you tape on the body mounts to the slider first though, so everything lines up. With the slider held up by the jack, you just wiggle it into position to get the bolts to line up. Not too hard...as long as it all lines up :)

Yep. No need for the 2x4 though. Just centered the jack. Driver's side required some slight metal "persuasion". Once all was aligned, rock'n roll. Passenger side was a breeze.

PITA referred to a comparison with sliders for say a FJ Cruiser or a Jeep. Massively simpler and much, much cheaper.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PITA referred to a comparison with sliders for say a FJ Cruiser or a Jeep. Massively simpler and much, much cheaper.

And a jeep and FJ are vastly simpler and cheaper themselves... so its fitting... The LR3 deserves something as complicated and well built as it is IMO

P.S. Rig looks sweet Bigs :rock:

Last edited:

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Mr. Bigs! Having put a set on myself, I'm sure glad they're on to stay. Now you need to get out there and get the bottoms of both those things nice and scratched up!:proud:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72