Rusted Vehicles . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of these have you seen rusted? My friends swears that Rovers suck.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to observe a Land Rover in the terrible condition that almost all the other makes are in at 15+ years old. I have not found rust in my L.Rs, (maybe a little frame-dust). Your friend is just jealous....if he owned one, he would also become a defender of the beast.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam - you live in Reno. One can get pair of jeans completely dry by putting them outside of house on chair in about 25 mins in Reno :) Rust can not live there :)

You can find piles of rust on LR in Europe - remember that LR shells were of aluminium on Diso in NA.. Check out 3 door Discos there and you will see plenty. But all cars rusting when environment is agressive to them. I remember seeing trucks (ford i think it was) nearly rusted through in Canada.. I keep seeing pretty crappy rusted Subaru's in Durango.. :)

Your friend aint got no proof :) In fact Diso's in NA will last longer than most of same year trucks b/c of non-rusty bodyshell.. Frame - is different story :) Waxoil..

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
redrover51 said:
Your friend is just jealous....if he owned one, he would also become a defender of the beast.
That's what I am talking about!~

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergei said:
Frame - is different story :)
I agree Sergei - I have seen quite a few LR frames with some rust on them (mostly around the trailer hitch).

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the rear gate on Range Rovers, and the Alpine windows on Discos....

But not floorboards like Jeeps or Fords, even here in the Great Lakes...

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an S-10 Blazer that just gained another 1/2" of rocker clearance as I type this! LRW.

richrover

Reaction score
My D1 has some rust issues in the rear door seams and around the hitch area but it leaks enough oil to prevent any frame rust ....

I had a few ford pickup's that were rust buckets around the rear fender wells ....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72