Saying Goodbye to my LR4 - Sad day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
After 10 great years - I am letting my 2011 LR4 HSE go up for sale... This forum has been AWESOME to find information about EVERYTHING LR4. No way I could have maintained her to the level I did without everyone's help and a lot of sweat and patients from me...

Just got to the point in my life - I don't have time to continue to take care of LR4 like I would like to.... Have replaced every part I thought it needed - often even when it didn't need it LOL.

Went to post in classifieds - but it said I couldn't... so PM me if your interested in an overmaintained LR4 with all the options and lots of LOVE.

Chris in Phoenix - take care guys (and the occasional LR4 gal) on this forum!

Attachments

• Land Rover 1.JPG
    Land Rover 1.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Land Rover 2.JPG
    Land Rover 2.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Land Rover 4.JPG
    Land Rover 4.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Land Rover 23.JPG
    Land Rover 23.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Land Rover 20.JPG
    Land Rover 20.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 93

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro... one of the last 5.7L naturally aspirated V8's. I love the V8 engines! Not appreciating current presidents effect on my gas prices. But the Toyota is just not the same as a Land Rover though... It will be capable to do most of the things I like to do - just not in the same style or refinement. The steering in the LR4 was AWESOME - Toyota seems sloppy in comparison. Again - why I am sad to get rid of LR4.

I was loving a 2021 Land Cruiser that they had, retro Toyota Land Cruiser badges - one of the last ones that will come in but was priced at $130K - that was a bit much the $90K sticker almost seemed reasonable - call me crazy.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Do you think I should give parts I have with the car or sell them on the forum?

Thermostat, Oil Cooler Pipe & ORing. Primary/Secondary Belts, New Water Pump, set of Iridium Plugs - probably $500 worth of parts

Just finished installing new alternator and two TPMS's...

Kristina

Reaction score
If the dealer offered $18K, I would take it. Sell your parts separately.

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I live nearby, are all of the parts OEM?

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
have Yakima Skybox21, Skyline and Jetsream mounts for LR4 - $1000 and Odyssey - emergency services safe - $750 for sale

LR4 sold with pile of parts for $21,500. He will take good care of it.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reply number five by the thread starter mentioning "current presidents effect on my gas prices" is a sure thing that hit enveryone except those on the FED feeding trough supplied by us working class people.
As far as the Toyota being called a "full size truck" the 5' 7.2" bed is not cosidered a "full size truck" nowhere close in handling 4' x 8' sheets of plywood as example.
A neighbor three houses away has a 2020 Tundra TRD Pro and has told me it weighs 5,900 lbs. and he keeps mileage records with a solid 11.3 mpg in town with 15.4 mpg BEST on the highways.
Under "full size trucks" this Toyota Tundra TRD is rated as POOR gas mileage by standards given for "full size trucks" overall.
Said neighbor sold off his old 5.6 litre Toyota pickup being told the Tundra TRD Pro would get better gas mileage than his 5.6 Toyota which was his biggest complaint years owning it.
His wifey is happy with all the interior features vs old truck so it was a green light to buy again by her loading it up with her lady friends doing her shopping mall excursions.

At least the Toyota will spend more time out on the road vs in the shop being repaired, this a money savings right there.

I had this below file when following Toyota trucks and have better city mpg with the
4' x 8' bed in the 68 F250 with EFI MPI conversion on the 390 with 4 speed of 52 years and counting.
Sold the 69 F250 with 410 cu/in (368 Hp w/473 Tq dyno numbers) 4 x 4 years ago.

https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2021-T....7L_V8__4x4_CrewMax_5.6_ft._box_145.7_in._WB/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV