SCV6 Common Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, I've looked but can't find anything; Is there a list of common oil leaks on the SCV6 AJ126 engine? I've now had my warranty replace the passenger valve cover gasket and just this week both upper timing covers. I know the vcg has been discussed recently, but has anyone had similar experiences? Neither leak was causing drips on the ground or low oil level, just visible wetness on the engine and items below (alternator was a casualty).

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, I've looked but can't find anything; Is there a list of common oil leaks on the SCV6 AJ126 engine? I've now had my warranty replace the passenger valve cover gasket and just this week both upper timing covers. I know the vcg has been discussed recently, but has anyone had similar experiences? Neither leak was causing drips on the ground or low oil level, just visible wetness on the engine and items below (alternator was a casualty).
I just replaced my vacuum pump which was causing a slight oil leak. Wait until it's time for an oil change because you'll have to get the oil out or it'll be a messy job

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi