SCV6 Whistling under med heavy acceleration. What am i hearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tetontrees

Reaction score
Have been noticing a whistling sound under medium heavy acceleration. It comes and goes and it doesn't sound like the typical supercharger whine. Wondering how serious it is before I take her in as my nearest dealer is 5 hours away. TIA

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have been noticing a whistling sound under medium heavy acceleration. It comes and goes and it doesn't sound like the typical supercharger whine. Wondering how serious it is before I take her in as my nearest dealer is 5 hours away. TIA

Where's it coming from? Is it coming from the engine area? Does it change sound pitch when you accelerate and decelerate?

tetontrees

Reaction score
noise would appear to be coming from the front and probably engine area. there is no change in pitch and only occurs when accelerating. exhaust leak?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it occur with the vehicle in neutral when you rev the engine?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is your engine calling out for it's missing two cylinders. Sounds like an intake leak if it wasn't doing it before.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get this as well. The sound/pitch doesn't appear to change with road speed, RPM or throttle position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72