Selling the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After six+ great years. we are selling our LR4 LUX. It's been a great vehicle, but the wife is ready for something new. I am heading to the Lincoln dealership to order her a new Navigator. I know, not even in the same ball park. She'd keep the LR, but she wants better tech. Unfortunately LR did not come up with a suitable 7 pass replacement so we have to jump brands. Also, our summer home is six hours away and the new Lincoln has hand free driving that covers over four hours of that drive.

The car is in great condition with 52k miles on it. The only options is doesn't have is the two speed transfer case and ACC. I'll post it here and on Auto trader when our new rig arrives (which may be 3-6 months) in case anyone is interested.

2015 LUX
52k miles.
Garage kept
LR dealer maintained except for brakes which I did.
Coolant pipes done a few hundred miles ago.
rear seat entertainment system
black pack.
NO dent, no dings and interior in perfect condition.
also has remained of LR dealer extended warranty which I think goes to May 2023.

Not sure what they are going for, but will figure that out when the Navi arrives.

ps. This has been a great forum. Thoroughly enjoyed the interaction.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Seattle nice in the summer? I would think that would be your summer home and you go somewhere else for the winter. Good luck on your sale.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Seattle nice in the summer? I would think that would be your summer home and you go somewhere else for the winter. Good luck on your sale.
Seattle has come to be a real $h!# hole place to be. We live in one of the high rent enclaves on the east side, so we are somewhat shielded from it. Once the kids are out of school, we'll sell the house and snowbird in Hawaii in the winter and Idaho in the summer. So, kids are keeping us here during the school year.

PDX Bolt

Reaction score
Have you arrived at a price yet? Would you mind sending photos? I am in Portland. Same issues as Seattle! Thank you

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you arrived at a price yet? Would you mind sending photos? I am in Portland. Same issues as Seattle! Thank you
not yet. Based on what I am seeing online, it's going to be around $40k ish I would expect. I haven't done a Carvana or Carmax check yet, but that's always a good place to level set. once we get a build date on the new rig, I'll post up some pics and see if we can't find a nice home for our well loved Landy!

Ladric

Reaction score
Since I now have a Defender, going to sell my LR4 in the next few months. She is LR4MPLS on Instagram.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused why anyone would buy a LR4 WITHOUT a transfer case. It's one of the
vehicle's core values that makes it one of the best allround vehicles EVER! Obviously
never bought to use it in its natural environment - serious offroad touring.
Also confused regarding four hours of "no-hands" driving. Actually "driving" a vehicle
is one of the best things about LR ownership. Any $h**box SUV from China/Korea/Japan
or Detroit can take us for long runs on Interstates - hands on or off. Boring as all hell!
The big Lincoln looks superb, but it's like comparing a battleship to a nuclear sub.
I'm not just a LR owner - I also drive a Chrysler 300 with the Italian-built 3.0lt V6 Turbo-
diesel. More torque than a current 'Stang or RAM 1500 .Best motor I've owned in all my
56 years of driving, including many V8's & stove-hot 4 cylinder hatchbacks.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused why anyone would buy a LR4 WITHOUT a transfer case. It's one of the
vehicle's core values that makes it one of the best allround vehicles EVER! Obviously
never bought to use it in its natural environment - serious offroad touring.
Also confused regarding four hours of "no-hands" driving. Actually "driving" a vehicle
is one of the best things about LR ownership. Any $h**box SUV from China/Korea/Japan
or Detroit can take us for long runs on Interstates - hands on or off. Boring as all hell!
The big Lincoln looks superb, but it's like comparing a battleship to a nuclear sub.
I'm not just a LR owner - I also drive a Chrysler 300 with the Italian-built 3.0lt V6 Turbo-
diesel. More torque than a current 'Stang or RAM 1500 .Best motor I've owned in all my
56 years of driving, including many V8's & stove-hot 4 cylinder hatchbacks.
LOL. Thanks for your rant. It made me laugh. Do you get confused easy or something? In all do serious bro, if this is what triggers you, I feel for you.

ps. your Chrysler 300 has got to be one of the biggest POC that ever came out of Detroit. Congrats for keeping it on the road. Second, all LR4s come with a transfer case. SMH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV