Sensor 1 Bank 1 access SVC6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, we finally got an appointment with LR for the extended warranty replacement of this sensor. The LR shop manual calls for removing the exhaust pipe from header to crossmember. Looks to me like it is accessible by removing the plastic splash shield. Do they really remove the exhaust? I do realize I have little or nothing to say about how the dealer tech does this. Guess we’ll find out. The only time our baby was in the shop they cracked the battery compartment cover.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
That's what the workshop manual suggests. I've done Bank 1 Sensor 1 the recommended way. I'd also suggest getting new bolts connecting the exhaust manifold to the down pipes, my warped and broke 1 while putting it back.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the free replacement at LR. We were surprised to find they have hired an excellent veteran (16 year) LR tech out of New Jersey. Tom r&red the sensor by removing only the belly pan. And he brags about his huge hands.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV