Shelf Road in Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang I would hate to meet another vehicle on that road... well at least say an H1

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passing would be pretty tight. Fortunately most of the traffic moves in one direction because the scenery is better on the way up.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Vid. Where did you start and end? That appears to be a great little trip that my pregnant wife could handle and enjoy.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a friend from work who has a Jeep. He had his wife and son with him. We started by Canon City headed north on Shelf rd, ate lunch in Cripple Creek, took Gold Camp rd. back to the Springs. Left at 10 AM, back at 3 PM.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, so you brought Gold Camp Road from Hwy 67, all the way into he 'Springs? How was the Cripple Creek side of that road? That's where my concern lies, but if you went from Canyon City to springs via Shelf Rd and Gold cam in 5hrs including lunch, then I guess it wasn't bad at all.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I saw a Ford Mustang on the top end of Gold Camp road near 67/81 that had come UP from the Srings. Sooooo... if a RWD sports car can make it from the Springs to Victor.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, yeah true that! Although I am surprised, as there are some cuts in the hills up there that never melt and could give a low clearance 2WD vehicle some trouble.

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut