Should I get this LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyrover90

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience after replacing timing chain? I did a pre-purchased inspection and the dealer promised to fix all problems listed. Also, they recommended me to buy used car extended warranty by Lubrico company, any thoughts? TIA

8D84D303-5770-474E-BCB9-68DDF30788AD.jpeg

8DD82553-2E34-44E7-9874-23664264AD43.jpeg

9EEC4D4F-90DE-4FEA-8265-E4FCEB67A3CB.jpeg

image.jpg

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much they are asking for the LR4, I just had my timing system replaced for $3500 and had them replace all the cooling system components then a week after taking delivery I took it back and they had to replace the driver valve cover so all in Im setting at $5400. My car is a 2011 LR4 5.0 and while that's a lot of money I love the hell out of this car. If your dealer will fix all items and you can buy a warranty I'd say go for it. I gave you my pricing on repairs so yo have an idea of costs. Also have them check lower control arm bushings because they wear out rather quickly.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm making a lot of assumptions here but would strongly consider a vehicle that had just had all this work done by a competent shop. I didn't see any PPI information about the water pump or cooling system pipes. Make sure someone takes a very close look at the bottom of the water pump for seepage even if there is no obvious puddling under the vehicle when it's been sitting. And as mentioned, it really depends on price. Did they give you a price BEFORE this inspection and before they agreed to the repairs?

LR4FoxsSake

Reaction score
Agree - the details are in the numbers - the cost of the vehicle, certainly the cost of the extended warranty and some hold back for items that are not readily apparent that may need replacing soon. Are there any similar vehicle in this age/price range that do not suffer from these issues in your area? If you think about it - the car has engine, suspension and electrical issues...

tonyrover90

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your thoughts. Yes the price before PPI was $18890 CAD it seem fair when I checked on autotrader and kijiji auto, this is HSE lux package so it had all specs on it. The dealer agreed to repair all problems at their cost. I'm gonna do the inspection one more time after fixing. Unfortunately, I could not find any similar LR4 in my area...but I actually wanna walk away after seeing those problems...

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover Dealer ? I have a 2010 Lux in the same city with 175k kms that I figure I would sell for $15ish so your price seems reasonable especially if they are doing all the above (including the noisy chains?) That is like $5k alone...

edit. That dealer has no idea of what the noisy chains are to fix. They may fix the rest of the stuff though. Still not a bad deal if it looks like it is in good shape.

Last edited:

tonyrover90

Reaction score
Are you in Calgary too? Yah actually the dealer will bring the car to their mechanic for fixing so we will see then. Yes your price is correct, if you know TRS automotive who quoted $5 grant for timing chain repairs and a forever running guarantee...

Land Rover Dealer ? I have a 2010 Lux in the same city with 175k kms that I figure I would sell for $15ish so your price seems reasonable especially if they are doing all the above (including the noisy chains?) That is like $5k alone...

edit. That dealer has no idea of what the noisy chains are to fix. They may fix the rest of the stuff though. Still not a bad deal if it looks like it is in good shape.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV