Smell antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bperk1

Reaction score
I have an 04 discovery. With 69000 miles on it. I am smelling antifreeze every time I shout the engine off after a few miles of driving. The temp gage is in the normal range. The radiator is full. No Signs of leaking anywhere. I have also noticed the electric fan comes on after a short time of wormup in the mornings. Any help would be apprichated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If smelling Antifreeze, it could be anything, but my thoughts would be check the intake heater set up... you will see two hoses going to it... I bet you have some leaking there, it is a simple gasket change to fix the issue.

Grover06

Reaction score
I have an 06 LR3 that does the same thing. Usually for short drives there is no Smell but if I drive for awhile and sit with the engine running and then get out I smell antifreeze. I have no leaks on the ground or in the hoses. about every 3-4 months the low antifreeze light comes on and I fill it up usually a cup or so is all it needs. Never runs hot or over heats. Any idea?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut