Snap Behind Steering Wheel Now Controls Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crtfour

Reaction score
Hello,

For the last couple of days I have been hearing some rubbing/clicking somewhere behind my steering wheel. Well today while turning full left to get into my garage, I heard a snap and now none of the functions on my steering wheel work so I'm guessing a wire or connector broke.

Does anyone have a link to removing the steering wheel? I've removed airbags and wheels on various vehicles before.....just didn't know if there are any tricks to this one or not. Time to investigate what broke in there.

Thank you,

Rob

PhyrraM

Reaction score
IIRC, there is video on YouTube showing how to remove the LR3/Disco 3 airbag. It's boltless, but uses two spring type locks.

I'm sure a search will bring it up pretty quick.

Trynian

Reaction score
The clockspring (aka rotary coupler) probably broke. It is pretty easy to change out. The airbag is easy and uses a kind of hook tool to pull a spring latch on either side of the steering wheel, you will see a little slot, the hook on the tool faces up toward the air bag to grab it. disconnect the battery first, Then just one nut to remove the steering wheel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV