Sonnax Zip Kit Question - 2013 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am going to do a trans fluid and filter change again(the first time we messed up the pan install and it's been seeping, the gasket didn't seal properly). This time, I am also dropping the mechatronic unit and doing the bridge seal and the 4 tube seals behind it. Then, figure I'll do the sonnax zip kit for this transmission too. Seems there are two versions of this kit - a Gen 1 for 6hp19/26/32 and a Gen2 for 6hp21/28/34. Can anyone confirm what trans is in a 2013 v8? I always thought it was a 6hp/28 so I'd need the 2nd gen kit, but now I don't know if it's a 26 or a 28. Once the pan is dropped, I can find out(the valve bodies look different, there is an identifying guide) but i'd rather order the zip kit in advance. Thanks in advance!

rolledover

Reaction score
If you have Topix it will tell you for certain, but I'm pretty sure all US 5.0L LR4's had the 28. Mine is an 11 and Topix shows the 6hp28.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't recall which side of the vehicle it is on, but IIRC when I did my fluid/filter/pan swap, there is a identification plate on one side of the trans. Might be able to get a visual on it either directly or with a mirror.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV