Source for (painted?) fender flare

Discussion in 'LR4' started by allegro, Jan 12, 2019 at 5:43 PM.

1. allegro

allegro New Member

Following a little run in between my wife in our 2012 LR4 and a driveway gate, I'm in the market for a new RF wheel arch moulding / fender flare.

It appears the LR part - LR010631 - comes unpainted. I'm a 4 hour drive from an LR dealer, and while looking at options online I found that Miami British offers a painted wheel arch: http://miamibritish.com/shop/land-rover-fender-wheel-arch-moulding-painted-rh-lr3-lr4-lr010631/

Does anyone have guidance regarding whether it's advisable to buy unpainted and have a generic (and rural) body shop do the painting, vs purchasing painted from a Rover-oriented shop like Miami British? I haven't had to do bodywork stuff before and don't have a sense of what goes into paint color matching for a part like this.

The price difference I'm seeing is around $125-150 unpainted, $235 painted, fwiw.

2. TheWidup

TheWidup Full Access Member

It's probably going to cost you $80 to get it painted. No scrappers on eBay that match?

3. Schlepper

Schlepper Member

Any bodyshop should be able color match and paint it. Miami is just going to use the color code. Which may or may not match.