Source for (painted?) fender flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allegro

Reaction score
Following a little run in between my wife in our 2012 LR4 and a driveway gate, I'm in the market for a new RF wheel arch moulding / fender flare.

It appears the LR part - LR010631 - comes unpainted. I'm a 4 hour drive from an LR dealer, and while looking at options online I found that Miami British offers a painted wheel arch: http://miamibritish.com/shop/land-rover-fender-wheel-arch-moulding-painted-rh-lr3-lr4-lr010631/

Does anyone have guidance regarding whether it's advisable to buy unpainted and have a generic (and rural) body shop do the painting, vs purchasing painted from a Rover-oriented shop like Miami British? I haven't had to do bodywork stuff before and don't have a sense of what goes into paint color matching for a part like this.

The price difference I'm seeing is around $125-150 unpainted, $235 painted, fwiw.

Schlepper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any bodyshop should be able color match and paint it. Miami is just going to use the color code. Which may or may not match.

dlonesty

Reaction score
You are better off having a body shop computer match your existing paint job. The color of your truck may have changed since it was painted back in 2012. Order from Niello or similar to get the best price. Then have it painted locally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV