Spare Tire Question with Nitto G2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roversurf

Reaction score
I have a 2016 landmark LR4 and finally looking to swap out the Pirelli Scorpions that came stock. So after much research on everyone's favorite topic of new tires for the 20" 5 spoke LR4 wheels, I have decided to go with the 265/50/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s as I want to avoid any rub and I use the car in access height fairly often.

I do not have a full size spare currently, just the OEM donut that came with the truck. Just to confirm, in order to change to the Nitto G2s I will need to track down another wheel and go the full size spare route as the donut will be useless due to the smaller diameter?

I have been having trouble finding a single OEM wheel on eBay / Craigslist. Does anyone else use a different 20" landcover OEM wheel as a spare? Mainly I am finding some 20" Range Rover wheels, but they are 9.5" wide vs. 8.5" LR4 OEM wheel, so not sure this would even work.

Also does the change to the Nitto G2s impact speedometer (or anything else) meaningly that I would need updated?

Thanks

jmars

Reaction score
Width wise go narrower....make sure the diameter is the same for all 5 tires. The downfall to not having the same width is that you won’t be rotating 5....instead you’ll have one dedicated spare...not a huge issue.

I run the same Nitto and have been happy

Roversurf

Reaction score
Thanks Jmars, very helpful. I have decided to just grab the same OEM wheel to go with the NT G2s this way I can rotate all 5.

DaJammer

Reaction score
I too changed out the crappy P Scorpion tires that came on mine at the end of 2018 to the G2's (5 of them). I had the full size spare so knew for tire longevity, the 5-tire rotation was the way to go. So far these tires have served me well for my particular driving needs.

To answer your question about the speedometer readings, Yes, the slightly larger tire does cause a very small speed error. Really not enough to bother me. As an example, 70 mph indicated speed is showing as 71 on google maps. Negligible really.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV