Spark plug replacement - denso iridium performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the plugs at 98k miles. I swear it’s smoother and stronger accelerating. By like 10%. Am I crazy? Didn’t think it would do anything.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Oh, I swear by denso iridiums long life too! Better than NGK iridium lasers or any other plugs... you'll definitely feel the difference with the turbo. Speaking of, I need to replace mine too, it's been a few years. I typically replace mine every 2 years.

Oh btw... thanks to you, I'm 100% Amsoil, for all my cars.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely project completion placebo but hey if it feels good then all is well. Lets see 375 HP engine and a plug replacement gets you 37.5HP? Best $80 spent ever..lol.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Likely project completion placebo but hey if it feels good then all is well. Lets see 375 HP engine and a plug replacement gets you 37.5HP? Best $80 spent ever..lol.

@Fuji4 has a pretty awesome tune and plugs make a world of a difference, especially on forced induction cars.

@Fuji4 how bad were the electrodes on the old set? If they're pretty worn out, I'd recommend running a 1 step colder plug.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh thats right. Lets see the old plugs!
I should have taken a picture. They were not too bad. No weirdness to speak of although I didn’t check them for electrode degradation. Nothing jumped out anyway. Nothing fouled.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine at 125kmi, old ones looked fine, and I could not tell any difference at all with new ones.

Be careful when buying NGK plugs, there are a ton of counterfeits on the market. Buy from a large reputable vendor (i.e. FCP Euro, RM European, or the dealer)... not eBay or Amazon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA