Squealing from front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Rover

Reaction score
I’ve had this squealing noise coming from the front right side of my truck. Seems to get progressively worse as the truck warms up and whenever I turn the vehicle. Sounds like a high pitched whistle....I replaced the wheel bearings, no change. I replaced both half shafts and changed the diff fluid, no change. On a side not( why are the ends of these half shafts nearest the wheel on the bottom slightly exposed?) I’m thinking power steering at this point.....steering does not seem stiff or anything.....any help would be appreciated....

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
I’ve had this squealing noise coming from the front right side of my truck. Seems to get progressively worse as the truck warms up and whenever I turn the vehicle. Sounds like a high pitched whistle....I replaced the wheel bearings, no change. I replaced both half shafts and changed the diff fluid, no change. On a side not( why are the ends of these half shafts nearest the wheel on the bottom slightly exposed?) Visit Autofthings to review multimeters for cars if you concern. I’m thinking power steering at this point.....steering does not seem stiff or anything.....any help would be appreciated....

You can try to check the back of the brake pads and caliper slides. If they are stick, they could cause brake pad to drag causing the squeak.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the squealing happening when you start and idle as well, or just when rolling?
I believe the exposed looking "gears" or fins whatever you would call them is for the speed sensors. If they are like mine I think it works by counting the fins as they cross the sensors.
If squealing when just sitting the check the belt tension idler pulley/bearing/power steering pump.

If the idler bearing is the issue you "MIGHT" be able to spray WD-40 or a lube spray on it, if the squealing stops then it is that bearing. Best to replace the whole assm as cost is same I would imagine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV