Stainless steel sill protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tasmod

I've produced these for the LR3 and wondered if anyones interested ?

I don't do this as a business but as an enthusiast.

(Link item in classifieds please)

Rob Lane (tasmod)

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As we don't technically don't use the Discovery name here anymore, consider producing a "Land Rover" or "Land Rover LR3" version... well, if there is enough demand. :D

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Err, remove that extra "don't" while reading -- Oops!

T

tasmod

Thanks Grommet, hadn't realised the name wasn't used in other markets.

If there's enough interest I would produce them with 'Land Rover LR3'.

I need at least 10 firm orders to proceed.

I also produce them for the RR Sport. There are 5 sets on Ebay at the moment.

I'll try and put a photo in my gallery.

Rob

Reaction score
h7 bulbs for front healights 2006 LR3

To anyone,
Does anyone have any information as to replacing the front bulbs with 4500K bulbs or higher to replicate the look of the HID system? I have an SE and didnt get the adaptive HID system. Any information would be greatly appreciated .
Regards,
R

O

odw3

Hey there.

I recently purchased an '06 SS Sport. Would these fit my model.

odw3

H

Houm_WA

lr3oflansdowne,

I wouldn't waste my time with that. First of all, the Xenon lamps are way higher temp than 4500K. They are probably at least 6000k. Second of all, the optics in the HIDs uses a projection lens and most likely an elliptical reflector. So, even if you find replacement bulbs that are 6000K, they will look less like Xenon HIDs and more like Shucks Auto Supply "Cool Blues."

...sorry to have to bear such a pessimistic opinion, but I can say with a high degree of certainty that this is the case and you may not be satisfied with the turnout.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with those aftermarket bulbs. I ruined a set of wires on my wife's Jetta, trying to get the Xenon look.

T

tasmod

Ok I've now got a prototype set made up. They are marked as 'Land Rover LR3' and are the same high quality as the RRS and Discovery sill plates. They will be the same price and if there's enough interest I will post them on Ebay.

I will post pics as soon as I can get a decent photo. They are hard to photograph as they are mirror finish.

Attachments

• LR3 sillset.jpg
    LR3 sillset.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV