Still here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taemian

Reaction score
Heya,

I still lurk these threads when I get the weekly email update. It's great to be able to use the information you all provide.

Front end started going flat over a few days, so I need to check the front block. The mechanic I took it to said I needed a new compressor after it shut off early. Read posts on here, I'll look at the front air block.
At 109K miles, the wife won't let us buy an LR5 (lol). Said it looks too much like an Explorer, and has crappy sightlines.

Thanks to all who still check in here.

Ian

Taemian

Reaction score
Sooo, looks like the front block is good. Took it back in and the mechanic hooked his Snap On scanner. The pump shut off again, not building enough pressure. He then tried to force it to stay on using some OBDii command with the hazard lights going, apparently that's an override in the computer voodoo, but it failed. I watched the screen and was pretty amazed, but looks like new compresser time. I bought a Dunlop unit for $540 from LRNJ parts via Amazon in 2017, and 3 years sucks for lifespan.

The mechanic will get an Arnott compressor, since they give a lifetime warranty on their units. Just though you all might like to know before buying one. I mean, you can get units on ebay for 200 bucks, but they are likely crap. Go with Arrnot.

Is there a way to emergency air up physically?

Last edited:

Taemian

Reaction score
Anyone know if there was a specific compressor tank version that included an air inlet valve on the **** of the tank?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA