STJLR.51.5122

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is so unique about this oil, and any reason why you cannot use say AMSOIL 0W-20 in it's place for the 2014-16 LR4's?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All ******** lol use whatever 5w20 or 0w20 for the SCV6 you'd like. Amsoil is top tier stuff IMHO, but i do my oil changes every 3-5k miles so i just use Pennzoil. If you do your changes regularly like 5k/6months then any benefit from amsoil vs lets say mobil 1 is null lol. People may argue it has higher additives or the amsoil breaks down less, but at 5k mile oil changes the oil hasn't gone through such a process to rid it "broken down". The reason why some 0w/5w-20 oils aren't recommended for our rovers is due to "certifications", but its all the same crap lol. Don't go down a rabbit hole researching oils for these trucks or searching for that professional castrol land rover crap. Mobil 1, pennzoil, royal purple, amsoil....they're all fine.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You on warranty?
don't think it matters. Legally you could do your own oil changes and with any oil you use once you have proof the changes were done on time and filled with the appropriate level oil. I've yet to hear a case where JLR voids the warranty on someone for doing their own oil with their own choice of oil.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use AMSOIL is my L322 and 930, would like to use in the LR4, but I am not an engineer (chemical) and just don't know enough about oil (technical) to make a decision. Has anyone done any technical research or first hand experience with JLR?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi